22 August 2013

OKA-b., aka my favorite new shoes


I've mentioned before that I have a bit of an issue with footwear. When I find a pair of shoes I love, I wear them until I get holes in them (literally). And when I was recently introduced to Atlanta-based Oka-B., I knew these puppies would quickly become a staple.


These shoes are my jam.



They were designed to be comfortable and they most certainly fulfill this intent. They're so comfy!

But they're so much more than that (these aren't Crocs, people). They're also hand-made in America, from 25 percent recycled material, anti-microbial, washable and ergonomic. And cheap! The basic flats are only $42. So to recap: they're good for America, good for the earth, good for your feet and good for your wallet.

What more could you want?

Maybeeee, you want them to look good? Don't worry, they will. They go with everything and are perfect for transitioning from summer to fall. I'm loving the Taylors for everyday wear and the new fall line to mix it up, which launched this week.


Oka-B. kindly gifted me the Cecilia's and I've fallen in love. I honestly don't know if I'll take them off at all this season.

I suggest you run, don't walk over to Oka-B. to get some. And then walk, don't run, because I don't think these shoes want to be run in.


I have to admit, I was so grateful for Oka-B. to send me these shoes, but I was a little nervous about posting pictures of just...myself. As Melissa said, thus far my blog has been a selfie-free zone. 

Fortunately, my friend Reuben (whose pictures you saw here, too) offered to take them and made me feel so much less awkward about it. He called me out, gently of course, when I made weird faces and didn't make me feel strange about doing close ups of my feet. 

So, thank you, Reuben, so much, for taking the pictures!


I am so happy to have the chance to promote Atlanta shoes and an Atlanta photographer, all in one post. It's a good day for the A, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Schuhe, nur schade,, dass es jetzt einfach zu kalt ist, um diese noch weiter zu tragen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you desire to improve your experience only keep
    visiting this web site and be updated with the most recent information posted here.


    Here is my blog: aloe ()

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3