05 March 2014

parmesan turkey avocado burgers (amazing)


I told you last week I wanted to try these chicken avocado burgers with a glass of wine and a porch on the next warm Sunday. 

Ah, ask and you shall receive! Last weekend rolled around us and brought a beautiful 73-degree Sunday. And so, we burgered!

Chris and I were inspired by the Laughing Spatula's, but actually changed them quite a bit due to a few major speed bumps: 
1. I don't have a grill. We did, however, use my Calphalon grill and then sit on the deck. So it was close. 
2. Trader Joe's didn't have ground chicken, so we used turkey.
3. I don't eat garlic
4. Or panko
5. Trader Joe's didn't have ripe avocados, so we used what I had left. 

And yet, they were still amazing. Truly. As a turkey burger connoisseur I consider myself pretty seasoned at evaluating them and I'd give these a top rating in moisture and flavor. I highly recommend them :)

Parmesan Turkey Avocado Burgers...

Ingredients:
1. lb. ground turkey
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 c. grated parmesan 
Spices to taste (we used salt, pepper, cayenne and onion powder. I think cumin would also be a nice add if you're feeling TexMexish.)

To Make:
Mash avocado 
Mix turkey and mashed avocado in bowl 
Add in parm and mix well 
Add spices
Roll into ~10 small patties or five large patties
Grill (or grill pan at 325) until pink is gone (~8 minutes)

Top with pickles, arugula, tomato, mustard and ketchup if you're me. Or anything else you love if you're you :) 

We ate ours with a salad and baked sweet potatoes and couldn't have been happier while we sat on the deck with the warm air and a glass of white wine. 

Next up? I think these homemade popsicles are calling my name.


4 comments:

  1. Whitney- I tried these burgers last night and they were amazing! Better yet I was able to assemble the patties and grill them in the time it took to bake sweet potato wedges (with the skins on). Philip said they were one of the best burgers he's ever had which is impressive coming from a meat-eating, tailgating, Southern dude. Your turkey burgers are going in our rotation of go-to meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them!!! I'm hooked, too! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to try these this week-end!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3