31 December 2009

Should old acquaintance be forgot...


I am admittedly a sucker for marketing. The same can be said for holidays.

I like to buy in.

And when it comes to Christmas, I'm not alone; everyone likes to embrace the merry spirit.

However, I often find myself riding solo when it comes to New Year's Eve.

People like to have an attitude about it: "It's sooo overrated."

And, truth be told, it probably is overrated. But when it comes to NYE for me, it's not about the stroke of the new year, it's about the opportunity.

The opportunity to buy a new dress, to wear far more glitter and jewels than is ever appropriate and (some years) to wonder who my magical New Year's Eve Kiss will be. New clothes, glitz and budding romance... Really, what's not to love?

Of course, celebrating the holiday is not a matter of buying in to someone else's NYE paradigm, but instead, doing exactly what you want. If you don't want to go out, embrace the jiffy pop and Full House reruns on your couch. Just make sure you do it right; put on your cutest jammies and treat yourself to popcorn that isn't low fat.

Between the economy, Michael, balloon boy, Tiger and (whew!) far more, it's been a wild year. Make sure you treat yourself right. We all need to prepare ourselves for the glory that will be 2010 - I'm sure it's going to be a good one. Besides, I really don't think anybody does New Year's better than Michelle Tanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3