14 April 2010

tweet tweet Jackie O.

I think Twitter's biggest asset, as well as its biggest issue, is that it gives a false sense of friendship. I feel that if I were to run into Jeremy Piven I'd be able to joke with him about something he Tweeted last week. But in reality, he has no idea who I am. And yet, somehow, I still know where he went and what made him laugh today.

And although she's clearly not on Twitter, I often feel the same way about Jackie O. I've read so much about her that sometimes I feel like I really knew her.

My friends often joke that I refer to her as if she is one of my friends: "That's what Jackie did." or "Jackie wore this."

And although admitting that makes me feel a little crazy, I can't help it.

I'm afraid things are only going to get worse now that her 1964 interviews are going to be released. I mean, it's bad enough I know that when people asked her what perfume she wore, she replied that she couldn't tell them because she couldn't "stand the competition". To hear her voice as she talks about intimate details of her life and marriage might really make me think we're old pals. But that's a risk I'm willing to take. I'm just grateful she doesn't Tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3