13 September 2010

a honky tonk weekend

Well, my friends, another weekend has come and gone. And after enjoying a long Labor Day weekend, this one was far too short.

Jim and I capped off my birthday celebration with a weekend in Nashville. 

We packed the days full and tried to see the best of Nashville.  It included lunch at McDougal's (Jim's favorite), an attempt at tailgating at Vanderbilt, and lots of time spent Downtown (so Honky Tonk!).  We heard tons of live music in Nashville's finest bars and saw more cowboy boots than I ever thought one city could hold.
Although we were sad that Opryland was still closed from the floods, Jim found an amazing hotel for us instead.  It was incredibly luxurious and when we checked out of the room at 10.47 am, I was sad to give up the remaining (oh-so indulgent) hour.
And while we would have loved exploring the city that is Opryland, every minute was already maxed out. 

On Sunday when we were leaving, we both agreed that the weekend flew by, but we couldn't believe it had only been 24 hours. Needless to say, the busy weekend was anything but restful - and I couldn't be happier about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3