12 May 2011

on growing up

“There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming." - Shauna Niequist
I found this quote on Greta's blog, and when I Googled it to find the author, I was so excited to find that it is by Shauna Niequist, who wrote the book I am starting to read next week. Meant to be?

Also, it speaks so much truth to me about people in their 20s. We're all in such different places - from being married to engaged to single, with jobs, in school, looking for jobs, living at home, buying a home...

We're all in this in between space that requires an element of settling down, and an element of going with the flow - and in the end, we're all learning more about who we are as adults.

PS: If you're interested in reading the entire exerpt, it's pretty great.

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3