27 July 2011

the business of closeting

Both sadly and gladly, I haven't been getting my shop on lately. Gladly because I need to be saving money. And sadly because, well, isn't that obvious?

For a while now I've been saying I need to take inventory of my closet and start making a note when I am frustrated with my selection. So the nights when I'm like Ah! I just want a cute skirt to wear with this. Or ah! I just wish I had an easy dress to throw on, I should be writing it down. That way, when it comes time to shop or make my birthday list (41 days), I'll be prepared.

But, I haven't gotten around to this. Which is why right now I couldn't tell you even one thing I want to buy, but I know this fall when I'm dealing with the fact that an easy sundress is no longer acceptable, I'll be turning the closet upside-down.

However, Matchbook has me covered this month with its new closet checklist. There are a few I could do without (khaki trousers) and a few I'd like to add (about five more dresses), but overall I think they offer pretty solid closet representation.
I also think this could serve as an excellent trip pack list.

image via matchbook via notes from my closet 

4 comments:

  1. It is such a great list isn't it! :)

    Love, Vanilla

    http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about shopping. I can't shop for awhile....save save save! My closet is a mess. Then I go shopping and realize I bought something useless or I have nothing to match with it. I love this list thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. That's a pretty good list! I like that the accessories list is longest.

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3