09 August 2011

busy beeing and throw backs

Ah! I have so many things running through my head to blog about right now, but haven't hide time to get any of them down on paper. I can't really (or even a little) complain because I just got back from Florida and am simply playing catch up.

Until I can put together a proper post, I leave you with two things:

1. Because this was the best phone ever growing up. We even had a special kids line that made this baby ring (holler back for 873.0757).
2. And because this was one of the best shows ever. Engaged at high school graduation? Mr. Fiene traveling from third grade through high school with them? Does it get any better? I think not.
And in case, for some wild reason, these images don't do enough to make your day, the second was posted with this quote.


“Mom, listen, I haven’t been together with Topanga for 22 years, but we have been together for 16. That’s a lot longer than most couples have been together. I mean, when we were born, you told me that we used to take walks in our strollers together around the block. When we were two, we were best friends. I mean, I knew everything about this girl. I knew her favorite color, her favorite food. Then we became six, Eric made fun of me because it wasn’t cool to have a best friend that was a girl or even know a girl. So for the next seven years I threw dirt at her. I like to call those “the lost years”. Then when I was thirteen, mom, she put me up against my locker and she kissed me. I mean, she gave me my first kiss. She taught me how to dance. She always was talking about these crazy things and I never understood a word she said. All I understood was that she was the girl I sat up every night thinking about, and when I’m with her, I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything. Even talk to you like this. So that’s, that’s what I think is love, mom. When I’m better because she’s here.” - Cory Matthews, Boy Meets World


Ah, love it.

images: 1, 2

7 comments:

  1. OMG boy meets world!! i forgot all about this show! it was the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goshhhh so freaking cute...I need to see that episode that he tells his mom that...so sweet <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. if only this were on netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO wanted one of those phones when I was a kid! And I remember watching "Boy Meets World" on Friday nights, though I kinda stopped in the later year and don't remember the graduation engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bah! loved that phone. and 0757!!!!! all the crushes that i talked to on that bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Boy Meets World! I wish it would come on Netflix!!!!! I remember when Cory kissed the girl at the Mountain Lodge on their ski trip! It was so intense! haha!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3