19 September 2011

'tis the season

So you might say that I'm not really great with football. For example, it wasn't until way too late in life that I learned what a first down was (AKA senior year of college at an NFL game). And this year when I joined my first Fantasy league, I didn't know you actually had to do something with it every week (wha??).

But, there is something I love about football season. Everyone is just so happy and primed to play. From Saturday morning to Sunday night, people are ready to be social. Especially in the south. And I love it.

This weekend, when I wasn't "watching" (aka at a party where it was on) football, I was outside. And the combination was glorious. Fall came early in Georgia, with seventy and humidity-free sunny days. The highlight of my weekend was a bonfire, where everyone brought a dish - including some phenom chili - and we all embraced the amazing weather.

I wish, with all of my heart, it could stay like this until March, when it turns to spring. It's so happy.

PS: Don't worry. There were definitely s'mores at the bonfire. Di di di!

image via

2 comments:

  1. so so happy :) im embracing this fall breeze and the hearty foods that come with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, this weekend's weather was PERFECT. Sunny, warm in the sun but crisp air. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3