09 February 2012

cleanliness, godliness, busyness

Yesterday on the way in to work, I asked my dad what his weekend plans were. He told me I was premature, considering it was not even 7 a.m. on Wednesday.

However, today! Today, people! It's Thursday! And it's completely appropriate to talk about the weekend, because there is just one tiny day keeping us from touching it.

We've been a little overextended in the office lately, to the point that when I get home at night, my brain is fried and I can't think of anything clever to say on here (see yesterday's post). Today, my coworker was telling me she was feeling the same way, and that she was struggling to find time for basic tasks, such as washing her hair. Somewhat of an obsessive showerer, I didn't fully relate, but it made me glad to know we're in this boat together - albeit a stinky one.

I'm very much looking forward to a bit of mindlessness this weekend. I'm not quite sure where I'll find it, but I'm bound and determined to make it happen. Preferably in Piedmont Park.

But for now, we press on! Here's to hoping for some hair washing time today. Happy Thursdee!

image

3 comments:

  1. i too am looking forward to a somewhat mindless weekend where the only thing i need to accomplish is cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could say I had a relaxing weekend ahead... we have more wedding business coming up. Hope yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope work gets better for you next week!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3