19 April 2012

never. stop. resolving.

Is it bragging too much to say that I think this might be the best I've ever done on my New Year's Resolutions? I wouldn't normally flaunt this, but after years of pretty marginal success, it's kind of going to my head.

I am gearing up to check off number one, the triathlon, here in just seven weeks. I'm reading the bible more (#4) in our new apartment (#7), gave up the bars for lent (#5), tried Pure Barre (#6), as well as FlyWheel, and have read two of five books (#8).

But here is the deal. I'm drastically, epically, totally failing at number three. Le budget. Wha!

Sure, I made the budget. But following it has been a whole different ball game. It's so hard! The thing, though, is that I'm not even shopping. My money is just flying out the window via unplanned trips to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

So, I've decided I'm taking another no grocery challenge. I went to the grocery this week and am not going back until Duke and Sam visit me in May. I'm really excited to clean out my freezer, because I tend to neglect my frozen vegetables when I have fresh options.

I'll let you know how things turn out. Here's to hoping I can begin to check off number three!

PS: Would it be counterproductive to buy this book? It would help me add another book to my list!

image

1 comment:

  1. you think i'd get turned in to child protective services if i joined you in not grocery shopping? budgets are SO hard!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3