13 May 2013

30 Days. Three challenges. (let's go)


I went through a phase of life (~25 years), where I was obsessed with self-improving. 25 pushups for 25 days. 10,000 lunges in 100 days. Learn to like kale. You get it. The list is endless. 

But then around a year ago, I flipped. I decided to give myself a little more grace. That doing what I am doing was enough. That I didn't need to improve or should. To slow down. To take rest. And it was a very lovely lesson to learn - life changing, in fact. Irreplaceable - one everyone deserves to learn, love and live. 

But, as I mentioned last week, life often comes down to a math. A little of more of this, a little less of that. And the greatest lesson I've ever learned in life is that moderation is the key. To find balance in an often unbalanced world brings me every-day sanity. 

So after months of just being, I'm up for a little month-long challenge. I'm ready to tackle it with vigor. 


On tap: three challenges for 30 days. 
One: Thirty days of yoga. Not every day - but most days. Three to four times a week. I'm doing it because I love yoga, but I don't make time for it. I love what it does for my mind and I want to see what will happen if I make it a priority. It's going to require some early mornings, which leads me to...
Two: Eight hours of sleep every night. No excuses. That's an average of two extra hours each night. I expect to feel like the king. Will certainly keep you posted.
Three:  Swapping coffee for green smoothies. In with the spinach, out with the caffeine.

So that's the plan. Want to join me for one, two or three of the above? Thirty days isn't too long, but it's nine days longer than they say it takes to make a habit. I kick-started the week with yoga yesterday and a cool eight hours of sleep and so far, so good! 

I'll report back with details on June 12!


image and image 

6 comments:

  1. I am VERY bad about neglecting my sleep...I usually get six hours. I need to take inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this challange. Good luck girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll find that green smoothies give you more energy than caffeine! At least that's the effect they have on me. Just finished drinking one at the moment!:)

    Courtney
    The Hunter-Gatherers

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaay! i think "whitney wednesdays" are going to help with the 8 hours of sleep. wish i could come to the ATL and do yoga with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Very nice blog and interesting posts, great atmosphere.
      Have a nice day. :)
    Welcome to our blog about photography. +
    I hope you also enjoy it with us.

    Greetings!

    "Do what you love is not even that, but anyway"

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE what you said about finding balance in an unbalanced world. It really does bring you sanity when you can consistently work towards a goal. Mine has been getting to the gym every day! A challenge for me, but has allowed me to slow down and not get so stressed!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3