02 August 2013

Let's Try This Again: CSA

Do you remember last summer when I told you I joined a CSA then went totally crickets and never mentioned it again?

Right. Here's what happened:
I was all fired up to subscribe for the fall, which begins the first week of August. 
But then I remembered we were moving and the last thing you want to move is tons of produce. In fact I prefer to have completely clean cabinets for a move.
So I missed the August option, but figured I jump in to the next session, ten weeks later. 
But then we got rats. And you definitely don't want to bring precious local produce into a house with rats. We didn't want any food in our house at all, to be exact.

And that CSA sure slipped my mind.

Excuses, excuses. I know. 

But here I am, one year later, to report that yesterday, I really joined the Riverview Farms CSA. Wahoo! I signed up, paid and have my official pickup location for next Wednesday. I'm so excited to eat local Georgia veggies for the next ten weeks. 
I'm hoping:
1. I get more experimental with my meals, instead of buying the same 10 items and eating the same three meals every week. 
2. I go to the grocery store less often.
3. I try new veggies I've never had - or maybe even heard of!

I will, of course, keep you posted. 

And this time, I promise to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3