18 November 2013

an open letter to the weekend, with gratitude

Dear Weekend,

Thank you for coming around every five days and for always being fun. If you were my boyfriend, I would appreciate the way you bring spontaneity to my life; the way I never know where you'll take me. I love that you're full of excitement and show me new parts of the city - constantly reminding me how big and beautiful this world is. 

This time around, I especially enjoyed Wrecking Bar, which I now also added to my Atlanta Bucket List. The food was a little heavy for my taste, but the drinks and atmosphere fully made up for it. It was perfect for a cool, rainy fall night. The cozy inside and good company warmed me right up, as did the spiked cider. 


I also loved thrifting with Duke&Sam and watching the Auburn game at my friend Megan's house. I love the way Atlanta is becoming more of a community. The way mini adventures with some of my favorite people are just exactly what my heart desires on a Saturday afternoon. 

And golly, don't you always go out with a bang. Sundays are just my favorite. I loved this Sunday's humid, humid morning weather - perfect for a run. Follow that up with coffee and exploring the Grant Park Farmers' market with Melly (bucket list #3), and what more could you want? 



The market did not disappoint. Even as it started to rain, it was bustling with energy and vegetables and happiness. 


I bought tomatoes and potatoes to add to the soup I was making. And, of course, almond butter. It was local and maple flavored. And the girl selling it was really nice. I didn't stand a chance. 

And, dear weekend, ending you with church and dinner with friends is just exactly what my heart wants every week. 

I guess my only complaint is that you have to end. That you can't last forever. 

Until week meet again, fare weekend. 
whitney 

2 comments:

  1. I was at Wrecking Bar on Saturday night! It's such a cool place! We were actually next door for most of the night for a NightLight Atlanta benefit, which was really neat. The world is so small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almond butter is the beez kneez! Get it gurl!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3