04 January 2014

{a great cup of coffee}

I recently discovered Be Up & Doing, which quickly became one of my favorite blogs. Allie is the voice behind it and I love the way she is so real. I also love the way she eats - gluten free, loves healthy fats and doesn't count calories. That's what I'm talking about!

She also writes for Considering You and recently posted about A Great Cup of Coffee. Intrigued, I was, so I popped over to read about what made it so great. As it turns out, she puts unsalted, grass-fed butter in her coffee in lieu of cream and sugar. 

You're intrigued now, too, eh?

And so, I tried it this morning. 

I changed the recipe a bit because I wanted it right away (of course) and didn't have all of the ingredients. However, it still tasted amazing. The biggest change is that I didn't have Bulletproof coffee,  which is where Allie found the original recipe, but am so pleased with the coffee I'm sipping from Uganda that I wasn't about to consider changing my ways just yet. 


A Great Cup of Coffee (based on Bulletproof/Wellness Mama/Considering You)

Ingredients:
1 cup of coffee
1-2 T of coconut oil
1 t. unsalted butter (preferably grass fed) (*to be honest, this much was a bit rich for me. I'd recommend starting with a little less the first few times)
1/4 t. pure vanilla

Instructions:
Put all in blender (I used my Magic Bullet)
Blend until frothy

If you're me? You then pour it over ice and take it to run errands. That's what I'm doing right now!

Happy sipping!

5 comments:

  1. I'll try to tonight. I hope it's ridiculously awesome. I will instagram my attempt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to try coconut oil in coffee! I can't wait to try!
    xo Tia | www.bigcitytyro.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this! It's generally used to replace a meal too right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you gave it a try!! And did I see we both know Abbey Walker??

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3