10 January 2014

go west! ATL's (insanely awesome) west coast workout


Earlier this week, I mentioned being in a bit of a workout funk - tired of trying so hard to come up with workouts and really needing something to push me.

Ask and you shall receive.

I recently had the pleasure of trying Atlanta's West Coast Workout, which has been on my ATL Workout Bucket list for a while now. The class did not disappoint - it was both insanely hard and so much fun. Tammy, the high-energy creator and instructor, is passionate about fitness and mental wellness, which is essential in my book. She's all about going beyond just a good workout class to really provide a full experience for her clients and help them live their healthiest life. 


 All of the classes are guaranteed to be full-body workouts and include cardio and strength training. 

I tried her West Coast Barre class, which is nothing like a normal barre class. It was yoga and Pilates infused, but also offered some serious cardio and core conditioning. We mainly used the barre for balance and flexibility. I often get frustrated during standard barre classes because they (1) aren't hard enough, (2) don't make me sweat or sore and (3) feel like you have to have gone a bunch in order to really do it well.


Not this class.

(1) It was so hard I almost couldn't finish. For real. 
(2) I did it Sunday and was sore until Wednesday. 
(3) I could follow completely - the instruction was clear and, while I know that I will become more proficient as I do it more (as with anything), I didn't feel like I was missing out because I couldn't quite tuck right, didn't know the terminology, etc. 

Not only that, but the space is great. It's swanky enough to make you feel like it's worth paying for, but intense enough to make you work. I can't wait to go back for another class and definitely recommend trying it.  I went to the Buckhead location, but would also love try it in Sandy Springs, because it's right by my office. You can see the schedules for both locations here.

Be sure to let me know if you try it!

all images via giltcity - which is, sadly, sold out!

1 comment:

  1. I live in Nashville, so I can't exactly swing by after work BUT I think this is a great way to get people to seek out different kinds of workouts in their area. There are so many gyms and fitness centers that so many people have no idea are there! So glad you enjoyed it! A good workout is so important!

    Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3