23 July 2015

july around here

Happy Thursday, friends! 

I had this post all ready to go this week, then I came down with the stomach flu. Ick! It reminded me of a little blogging truth that's important to remember: people always post the good stuff, so it's really important not to compare your real life to someone's blog life. If I were to post what my Tuesday around 1 p.m. looked like, it would not be pretty.

But, alas, here's the post I wanted to share with you before I spent my week on the bathroom tile :)

//

Normally, I hoard my summer weekends. Meaning, I try to leave them as unscheduled as possible, so the warm, long days turn into warm, long weeks. I yearn for July days that are full of what should we do today? and where should we go next?

But this year has been different. July has been packed, with travel every weekend. Although it has made the month fly by, I'm so grateful for the time with dear friends, in sweet cities. Here's what we've been up to around these parts:

We had a Fourth of July cookout with our Atlanta framily.


And a lake trip to south Georgia with dear friends.



Chris and I snuck in a date night, where we saw a movie. Yes, a movie! It was our second movie ever. We saw Inside Out and loved, loved it. If only every movie could be that good! We took an elevator selfie to document the unusual occurrence.


We went to Raleigh for a wedding. Chris was in the wedding, so I spent the day exploring that sweet city town on foot. I grabbed an iced coffee from Brew Coffee Bar, which was g.o.o.d. I'm thinking Raleigh may be my next city guide.

{Speaking of which, thank you to everyone who has pinned my Nashville City Guide. That has gotten a lot more action than I ever expected!}


Chris and I went to Birmingham for the inaugural Sloss Festival. We loved Lord Huron and First Aid Kit! Also! Loved Steel City Pops. Holy vanilla! All of their flavors are gluten free, which I quite liked.


{Turns out Octane Birmingham is just as good as Octane Atlanta}


When we got back into town, we had the pure joy of meeting our friends' new baby, Davis. I couldn't be happier to see Katie & Austen become parents.


And that's July!

I'm supposed to leave for Charleston for a bachelorette party today, but with being sick am going to hopefully be up for it tomorrow. So now, back to the couch :) I hope your week has been swell!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great july thus far! and i'm wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can get to charleston to celebrate with the girls!!! only 51 more days til the big day for kz!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3