26 October 2010

It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown

I don't claim that I'm exactly the best movie watcher. In fact, I admit that I might be one of the worst around. I don't typically have the highest level of patience for sitting still for two hours.

I've never been tempted by the idea of going to the theatres and paying for one movie but seeing two. In fact, I'm rarely tempted by the idea of going go the movies at all, let alone doing it twice (something might be wrong with me).

However, if there was a double triple feature I could get down for, it would definitely be the Peanuts Deluxe Holiday Collection.
Every year, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, my dad plays the Charlie Brown Christmas album in the mornings.  I love waking up to the smell of fresh coffee and the sounds of Vince Guaraldi.

Although I didn't even like cartoons when I was a little kid (seriously something is wrong with me), the memories the music conjures makes these movies easily some of the best films around.

When I saw the holiday collection on sale this week at Uncrate, I was so happy.

I can't believe Halloween is just a few days away - and before we know it the sounds of gobbling turkeys, jingle bells ringing and Vince Guaraldi singling will be filling the house again.  We better enjoy this 70 degree weather for as long as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I love that album like nobody's business. Nothing says family to me like that music.

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3