20 June 2012

the time. has come.

Every year, on this day,  Courtney and I come to opposite conclusions. You see. The first day of summer is one of my most favorite things ever. For one, it is the longest day of the year. Two, it marks the official start of the best season. And three. Well, there is no three. Need I say more!?

Courtney, on the other hand, thinks it is actually a little sad, because the days are getting shorter and we are inching our way toward fall (inevitably winter) and away from her favorite season, spring.

Fortunately, being one of five, she's accustomed to compromising, and is more than willing to celebrate the day with me, even if she's secretly having a minor anxiety attack that the leaves are looking just a touch too crispy for her liking.

Tonight after work, I fully intend on being outside for every possible minute. From dinner to dusk, I'll be embracing the daylight, and I hope you can do the same.

Happy summering, you guys!

image

2 comments:

  1. Tell your friend to move to Texas! Summers last until October, and then fall is more like a cooler version of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read this post. it was anxiety producing. but, i will ALWAYS celebrate the first day of summer with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3