20 July 2012

I thought I loved Toms yesterday...

But what I felt yesterday pales in comparison to how I feel today.

Love is just the beginning of it.

In fact, I had a whole post teed up this morning, but those words don't even seem worth sharing now. I'm so inspired by Blake Mycoskie and just really want to do something good. What will I do? I'm not sure yet. But he was amazing. And I want to be like him.

He told the story of the birth and explosion of Toms, then wrapped up by encouraging people to build not just their businesses, but their lives, on the basis of giving. ("Giving, in it's own right, feels good, and it's something we all should do." SO simple. Right?)

And in case the fact that he's a very handsome do-gooder wasn't enough, he's also really funny. Like I cracked up. A lot.

Also now I feel like I need another pair of Toms. And possibly some new glasses. Even though I swore off buying sunglasses for more than $15 when I lost my Ray Bans. But they're for a good cause. And Blake says that's good. You know?

Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3