10 July 2012

weekend happiness

I’ve always had a pretty mild wild affinity for being outside, but ever since joining corporate America, my desire has been insatiable. Being inside in the summer just feels so wrong, and on the Fourth of July, we righted it.

Katie Z. and I kick-started things by deciding at 11.30 p.m. Tuesday night that we’d bandit the Peachtree Road Race the next morning. As Atlanta’s biggest race – and the world’s largest 10k road race – it was the perfect way to start the day.
 After that, a big group of us Shot the Hooch, then Roomie Reynolds and I hosted a party at our house. From running, to floating, to grilling, it was the perfect way to celebrate America.
 
 
 On Thursday, Katie Z. and I flew home to Indianapolis for a wedding. The wedding was beautiful, and, what made it totally amazing, was seeing my family. We missed Duke, who couldn’t get back from Texas for the weekend, a whoooole lot though.
I hope you had a patriotic and happy holiday weekend!

PS: A big congrats to this girl for buying her first house.
And a special thanks to her for letting us have a tiny reunion there.

3 comments:

  1. Ok first I love your dress, second thanks for the zville itinerary, third is was fab seeing you and the biber crew for a hot second, and fourth I cannot WAIT for our reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we were still together!!!

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3