14 February 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies {recipe}


What do you get when you've been snowed in for three days, have cleaned and organized everything, are caught up on emails and have worked out just plenty?

A new recipe, that's what!

The snow days have been fun but, at some point, you begin to crave routine and productivity. Last night I babysat and was ready for it so early and didn't have anything else I needed to do. How nice, I thought, to not be rushing - for once. To not be in traffic, running late, acting crazy trying to get out the door. 

How nice, indeed it was. And today? It feels pretty good to be at work. I guess that's the best of both worlds - the snow was fun and now I'm just craving some cube time. 

As for yesterday, I decided to get a little crazy in the kitchen. I'm a big fan of sneaking vegetables in anywhere I can, but I've never tried putting avocado in baked goods. Until yesterday, that is. 

I tried out the Lean Green Bean's Peanut Butter Avocado Cookies and am really pleased with how they turned out. They're gluten free, easily made vegan if desired and didn't even turn out green. Yaay! Sometimes when spinachy, kaley, avocado type things get too green, I can't handle it. These puppies look totally normal. And, they have so much healthy fat in them, which is only one of my favorite things. 

So here we go...


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies (adapted from the Lean Green Bean)

Ingredients
⅓ c. mashed avocado
1 c. peanut butter
2 eggs (sub flax if vegan)
3 Tbsp. honey (sub agave if vegan)
1 c. gluten free oats
½ tsp. baking powder
½ c. dark chocolate chips

Instructions
- Preheat oven nto 350 
- Combine avocado, peanut butter, eggs and honey
- Stir until blended
- Mix in oats and baking powder
- Add chocolate chips
- Make into balls and drop onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until golden
- En.Joy!


Check out the Lean Green Bean's recipe. I made a few changes re: the amount of peanut butter and oats and mine were definitely dryer/crumblier than hers. Different oats for different folks, ya know? 

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! I've got about 3 avocados I don't know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I like this recipe because it is different,not just the same old, same old. I will try this out for sure, and it looks so good! Yipee!

    Andrea Fer, Not Quite Grown Up Guide

    ReplyDelete

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3