22 February 2015

Tips for Surviving Winter


I told you last week that our weather has been crazy in Georgia and this weekend has been no different. It was warmer than it has been, but drizzly and the grey skies felt oppressive - making me claustrophobic.

I thought I'd share a few of the things that make winter feel a little less wintery for me. Because, my philosophy on life certainly stands true when it comes to winter survival: we're all in it together. Why not trade tips?

A few, but not all, of these are referral links. These links give me just a tiny bit of commission,which helps keep the lights on here. Thanks for clicking :) 

1. Batty's Bath products. I discovered these last fall and have become ob.ses.sed. Her products are so moisturizing and make it so my skin doesn't feel like the Sahara. All fall, people kept asking my why my skin was glowing. It was Batty! If you sign up for her email, you get a free shipping code and this week she will send a free gift with purchase if you spend $35. Also, if you want to use this link you can get 15% off. I am ordering the shampoo this week and can't wait to see what it does for my hair.

2. Grocery delivery. For a while I felt embarrassed that I am a single person without child and I have my groceries delivered. But now? There's no shame in my game. I cannot tell you the beauty of having either Instacart or Fresh Harvest delivered. It allows me to meal plan better, because I do it while at my computer. Also, it helps me save money because I don't throw random things into my cart. All business! The sheer beauty of not having to go out into the cold - or weeknight traffic - is just the best. Now, if only I could find a way to not have stop for gas.


{lunch bowl made with fresh food delivered straight to my house! Kale, sweet potato, green peppers and parmesan avocado turkey burger. Topped with a spicy tahini & olive oil dressing. I mean: does that even look like winter to you? Me neither!}

3. Lavender oil. I put it in everything: my mascara, my laundry detergent, my diffuser. It smells like summer to me and reminds me that winter won't last forever! I prefer doTerra's brand to any others - it smells more pure to me than the other kinds I've smelled.

4.Planning a vacation. OK, OK. I know this a little trickier than purchasing lavender oil. But the beauty of knowing that I'm only six weeks away from a beach vacation with my family is giving me a whole lot of happiness.

5. Good books and podcasts. Because, sometimes, in February, you just have to stay inside. Grateful for reads&listens that allow me not to feel trapped. Next on my list to read is Essentialism. Everyone is raving about it. I'll be sure to report back.

What helps you survive winter? Give me your tips - we're a team, you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd loooove to hear from you! you make my day! <3